New Haven County Credit Union is seeking an Accountant to join our team. We are a not-for-profit credit union focused on providing financial products and services in the greater New Haven area.
The Accountant will direct and manage all practices and activities in the accounting department, ensuring compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. They are responsible for completing all daily accounting functions; developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures for the accounting department; monitoring cost control activities and strategies; financial reporting, analysis, liquidity management and forecast reporting; budgeting; completing quarterly and annual financial reports including the NCUA 5300; and the Credit Union IRA program, including annual IRA reporting and required minimum distributions. The Accountant may serve as Member Service Representative as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting with increasing responsibility. Credit union or other financial institution experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with State and Federal laws governing credit union operations.
Interested candidate please forward resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Haven County Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices.